This is our third TI preview. China! Remember last episode when I said the Dota world revolves around Europe? Well, you ask anyone in China, they will confirm. The Dota world revolves around China.
Of the DPC teams that qualified directly to TI8, fully 50% of them come from China. At TI7, three of the top four and four of the top six teams were Chinese. (Great region or greatest region?)
Four teams qualified based on DPC standings. We’ll preview them…
- Newbee, your TI7 runners-up and a perennial GlimpsePod punching bag the last few months.
- The team that legally should be called PSG.LGD, even though they are always LGD to me.
- Vici Gaming, who threw Captains Draft while Aden was in the building watching (He never forgave them).
- VGJ.Thunder — if you woke me up in the middle of the night, I couldn’t name a single player on their roster
Two teams made it through main qualifiers. We’ll preview them too…
- Team Serenity, who cruised through qualifiers with a team full of unknowns, prompting all lazy analysts including me to compare them to TI6 champions Wings Gaming
- Invictus Gaming, the #1 team of April 2017 (and the TI2 champs)
Aden and Lorton