Anthony ‘Scant’ Hodgson struck a chord with the community when he published a Medium post detailing his last two years working for three organizations in Southeast Asia Dota: Mistreated, unpaid, and dismissed out of hand: Two years with Mineski, GESC and Entity Gaming
- He was supposed to have an apartment paid for by Mineski. Instead he had a bedroom above the accounting department with no fridge, but plenty of cockroaches.
- He worked as on-air talent for GESC eight months ago. He still hasn’t gotten paid for that.
- He was supposed to have a contract with Entity gaming. They cancelled the contract with no notice, and he had to fight for a “courtesy” 15 days’ pay when Entity was contractually obligated to pay 30 days.
Today, we talk about the seedy underbelly of pro Dota.
Join us for a wide-ranging discussion, involving:
- SEA Dota and why Scant is so invested in the scene
- Unexpected reactions from the community
- Progress in the SEA region (not just Dota) since Scant moved there
- Racism and homophobia in Dota — experiences as an outspoken advocate for a better community
- Job advice for young people, opportunities for businesses and content creators
- A silly trivia game!
Aden and Lorton